Thank you for your interest in visiting the University of Oregon! The Ambassador Program is committed to providing a successful educational experience at the UO. The University of Oregon is a large research institution that supports thousands of students, faculty, and staff. By requesting a special visit (i.e. for a large group or alternative time frame), we ask that you please read and agree to the following guidelines:
Group visits will not be offered during the following dates:
- Observed holiday closures: Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day (and the day after), Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day
- October 12 & 19, 2018
- December 22, 2018-January 5, 2019
- March 8, 15, & 22, 2019
- April 5, 6, 19, 20, & 26, 2019
- June 1 and 17, 2019
- Weekends and University breaks will be subject to availability.
- Please submit your visit request 4 weeks prior to your visit.
- Large groups will be limited to 3-4 scheduled hours with the Ambassador Program.
- Visits are contingent upon the availability of student ambassador staff, admissions staff, and/or staff and faculty of additional departments you would like to visit.
- The Ambassador Program is solely responsible for scheduling student ambassadors, and therefore will offer availability based on student schedules.
- Only groups of High School juniors and seniors will be given the opportunity to see a residence hall.
- If your group would like to visit additional offices/departments during your visit, this will be dependent on faculty/staff availability and we will do our best to accommodate your wishes.
- We will be unable to schedule group visits during previously scheduled open house or university-wide events (e.g. Homecoming, Commencement, Duck Days, etc.).
- You will receive an itinerary from our office 1 week prior to your visit.
- Please review and notify our office of any changes 72 hours in advance.
- Parking for buses is located off-campus and we will provide detailed instructions for drop-off. Individuals with passenger vehicles may park free of charge at Matthew Knight Arena.
- Please arrive on time. If you feel that you may be late, please notify the Ambassador Program. We will do our best to accommodate any changes in schedule. However, some activities may be shortened or canceled.
- Groups should have no less than 1 chaperone for every 10 students.
- Chaperones are responsible for the behavior of students during the visit and must stay with the group at all times.
- Chaperones should assist in keeping the group visit on schedule. A cell phone number must be provided on the registration form to serve as a point of contact on the day of the visit.
- Groups in excess of 30 people total will be split up into smaller groups. Additionally, activities may be divided among the groups contingent upon staff availability.
- Please be respectful of the UO campus, students, faculty, and staff.
- Please come prepared with questions.
- Be prepared for Oregon weather and a lot of walking.
- Have fun!