To register your students/school or for more information regarding Connections, please contact us.
The UO is committed to a diverse learning environment. UO Connections is a half-day college advocacy program designed for first-generation, ethnically diverse, or economically disadvantaged high school students in ninth through twelfth grades. The program provides valuable college prep information. Multiple Connections dates will be available during the academic year, allowing the UO to keep group sizes small and the overall experience more intimate and meaningful.
Connections is for
- High school student groups only. If you have a group of students that are not in high school, please complete our group visits form instead of attending Connections. We will create a campus visit that is catered to your vision/request. If you are an individual prospective student or family member, sign up for a campus visit here.
- Schools/groups that can participate in the ENTIRE program. If you are not able to participate in the entire program, please complete our group visits form instead of attending Connections. We will create a campus visit that fits your agenda and preferred dates/times.
Connections Program Goals
- Promote higher education
- Provide significant interaction with current UO students
- Educate high school students about admissions and financial aid
- Explore student life opportunities on campus
Each program will serve up to 130 students and will last approximately five hours, from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. During their visit, Connections visitors will participate in information sessions that focus on admissions, financial aid, academics, and extracurricular activities.
Connections sessions are led by UO staff members and multicultural student ambassadors. Visitors will enjoy lunch at the university, take a tour of our beautiful campus, participate in a student panel, and learn about exciting academic and extracurricular programs with current students and members of the UO campus community.
Registration is offered on a space-available basis and limited to a maximum of 130 students per session. Please keep in mind that your request for the number of students you plan to bring should be one you are confident you can fill. Overestimates or cancellations may prevent other schools from attending Connections.
Jack Lien and Joselyne Tellez
When registering, please include the date you wish to attend, the number of high school students you plan to bring, and your contact information (name, position, school or program, address, mobile or office phone numbers, and email address).
- Fall Term 2021
- November 4, 2021
- November 18, 2021
- December 2, 2021
All Connections events include a campus tour, student panel, lunch, and information sessions on admissions, financial aid/scholarships, housing, and the Center for Multicultural Academic Excellence.