Come see how Ducks soar at the University of Oregon!
You’ve been working your tail off, charting a course of learning for yourself. And now you’re ready to expand that journey even further. Choosing the university that’s right for you is about determining if a school fits—not just you—but your dreams, goals, and personality. Duck Preview will let you learn whether the UO’s community of curious collaborators might just be your flock. Come breathe in the beautiful arboretum-like campus, take part in catalytic learning experiences led by dynamic faculty, and interact with current UO students.
What is Duck Preview? Who should attend?
Duck Preview is a fall open house designed to give high school juniors, seniors, and transfer students a head start on the college search process.
At Duck Preview, you'll:
- Take a campus tour led by an experienced UO student ambassador
- Learn what a liberal arts education embedded in a top-tier research university can do for you
- Explore your academic interests with outstanding UO faculty
- Hear about dozens of ways to get involved in campus life beyond the classroom
- Discover numerous services designed to support student success
- Speak with admissions counselors, financial aid and academic advisors, and housing representatives
- See how UO students are changing the world
When is Duck Preview?
Select one of the following dates to register for Duck Preview:
After we receive your online registration, we'll send you a letter confirming your attendance at Duck Preview. We will include a map of campus and parking directions. You can find travel tips and places to stay here.
Please wait to make travel arrangements until you have received your confirmation email after registering for Duck Preview. These events may fill to capacity and once that occurs, we are unable to change your registration to accomodate previously made travel plans. For instance, we cannot add you to a full event even if you’ve made flight reservations before attempting to register.
What is on the tentative agenda?
Plan to arrive on campus between 8:30-9:30 a.m. and stay until 3:00-4:00 p.m. Duck Preview will include campus tours, academic exploration sessions, catalytic learning sessions (active learning experiences led by UO faculty), and an information fair. Attendees will also hear from admissions, financial aid, housing, and other departments. Guests can purchase lunch in any of our dining venues or retail eateries on campus.