The UO hosts a number of visit programs for prospective and new students to learn about the wealth of opportunities available at Oregon. If you're not sure which program best fits you contact us.
Events for Prospective Students
- Duck Preview: Full-day event held in the fall. An opportunity for prospective students and their families to learn about UO academics and campus culture.
- Duck Days: Half-day programs held in the spring. An opportunity for prospective students and their families to learn about UO academics and campus culture.
- Connections: Half-day programs held throughout the year. The program focuses on first-generation, ethnically diverse, or economically disadvantaged high school students in ninth through twelfth grades.
Spring Open House
Duck Days is the University of Oregon's spring campus visit program for prospective students and their families. Whether you are a junior just beginning your college search, a recently admitted senior finalizing your college selection, or a transfer student, don't miss this opportunity.
Fall Open House
Choosing the university that’s right for you is about determining if a school fits—not just you—but your dreams, goals, and personality. Duck Preview will let you learn whether the UO’s community of curious collaborators might just be your flock. Come breathe in the beautiful arboretum-like campus, take part in catalytic learning experiences led by dynamic faculty, and interact with current UO students.
Events for Admitted Students
- IntroDUCKtion: The UO's summer orientation program for new fall term students. All entering freshmen who live in the U.S. are expected to attend.
- Week of Welcome: The UO's fall orientation week, with activities and programs for new students to become familiar with the university's array of resources, meet new people, and make new friends.
- International Student Orientation: An opportunity for new international students to take the AEIS (Academic English for International Students) and math placement tests, meet with an academic advisor, and register for classes.